Living La Vida Matrix
However if you too busy living it up and poppin ya collar, cuz you "rollin like B.A.R.T." as my Uncle Kev used to say, then this ain't the movie for you. If you flicking thru the 250 premium cable channels saying to yourself "ohh THOSE poor people in __________ (insert name of "3rd world country") I'm glad I'm here," then this ain't the movie for you. And if you ever believe with everything in your being that this can't happen to you, cuz you so sharp and cuz you got yo sh*t together and cuz yo job LOVE you so much that you think yo azz is irreplaceable . . . . . well then I feel sorry for you.
Keep ya head in the sand, I bet it's real nice and cozy down there. And in the famous last words of Marie Antoinette "Let them eat cake," cuz that's all you'll be eating if you keep drinking that kool-aide.
*That's all* - Lady Richardson
5 Comments:
At 3:28 PM, January 14, 2008,
A.u.n.t. Jackie said…
i haven't watched that movie because I am apart of the population that has to pay for my own health care and let me tell you it is expensive!
There are no tax breaks unless you spend over $5000 a year in health care because this country expects that you can afford it. I spend a whole car note and a half to have medical coverage and add to that have been dumped and bumped around because I balk when they want me to spend $1000 a year on drugs to stay covered, but they won't pay for my accupuncture.
and don't even get me started on Dental!
At 7:03 PM, January 14, 2008,
Anonymous said…
I still remember the biggest shock of my life as a teenager when my dad got out of the military and we went from free full coverage medical care to suddenly having to pay for medication and doctor's visit. I couldn't believe that sick people weren't allowed to just go to the doctor and expect full care because they need it. Sadly I've got several family members fighting and struggling just to get standard care so I definitely left that Matrix koolaid behind a long time ago. This country has got to change for the betterment of all.
At 10:32 PM, January 14, 2008,
Anonymous said…
Ok, I guess I'm out of the loop because I haven't seen or even heard of this. I like Michael Moore and have seen a few of his films so I'll have to check this one out.
Thanks for the info.
At 1:13 PM, January 15, 2008,
Shai said…
I have not seen it. I can say it is scary out there when you don't have insurance. By the grace of God, I have never had anything major happen to me or mine while I did not have insurance.
Can you believe when I got laid off they sent a letter saying I can participate in COBRA insurance with my employer. The kicker was I would have to pay 950$ a month. WTF! I was like how can I pay that if I just lost my job.
Yeah, some folks are deluded thinking they have it made when one tragedy can swipe things out.
At 12:23 PM, January 28, 2008,
Bliss said…
i plan to watch it when our library gets it.
more reasons to try to stay as healthy as we can...
Post a Comment
<< Home